Interview with Dilshad Ghadially (TISS)
Interview with Dilshad Ghadially,
M.A. in Human
Resource Management and Labour Relations from Tata Institute of Social Sciences
1. Which institute are you doing your MBA/MMS from?
I am doing my M.A. in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
2. What does an MBA mean to you? Why do you want to pursue it?
An MBA is a degree that enhances one’s understanding of the various fields of management. I wanted to pursue an MBA for the same reason.
3. Did you enroll for any special coaching? Did it help?
Yes. I went for private classes. They did help.
4. What’s your educational background? How did it help you secure your seat in your B-School?
I have a BA in Psychology. It gave me an understanding of human resources and industrial psychology which aided me in the GD and PI.
5. Did you have any work experience before joining the course? If yes, did it help you gain an edge over your peers?
6. What’s a typical day like in your b-school?
It starts with classes which last for around 6-8 hrs. Its followed by group meetings or discussions concerning the relevant coursework.
7. What area of specialisation are you more likely to opt for?
My course is a specialized one in HR right from the start.
8. What, according to you, is the USP of your B-School?
An amazing brand name and the concept of “Field Work” where a student is placed with an organization throughout each semester and completes a live project there.
9. Where do you see yourself a few years down the line?
10. A word of advice for future MBA aspirants.
Be realistic in your expectations and always have a Plan B.
**If you are a focused MBA student and would like to be featured in the MBA journey section of TestFunda, mail your answers to the the above questions with a photograph (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews featured on this page win TestFunda t-shirts.
|Other resources by TestFunda|
|Related Resources on this topic|