B.Com Professional (Finance),
1. What does an MBA mean to you? Why do you want to pursue it?
For me, MBA has also been a dream. Have always been fascinated by how something which is instinctual for most people has become nearly a science. For me, MBA is not just a degree, rather its an experience to enrich my life. MBA will teach me how to get things get done in the best manner, to understand the Corporate workings, and will help me develop as an individual as well as a Leader in professional career.
2. What’s your educational background?
I am pursuing my B.Com Professional (Finance) from St.Francis College Hyderabad and have done a one year Diploma in retail management. My intermediate has been from Villa Marie Junior college and schooling from St. Marks Progressive School.
3. Which entrance exams are you more likely to attempt? Which institutes would you aim for using your scores?
Entrance exams-CAT, SNAP, MAT, XAT, FMS, MICA, IIFT
B-schools-IIMs, IIFT, MDI, SIBM, XLRI, others
4. Which section(s) of the paper do you find most difficult to conquer? Why? How do you plan to overcome these hurdles?
I generally find DI section of the paper very tough. I first read all the sets and spend 5 minutes in choosing an appropriate set. For choosing a set, I see the data and the question; if I can build any connection between them, I go ahead or else I skip that set. For LR, if there is too much data given I generally skip it.
5. Now that CAT’s changed to a Computer based format, what are your thoughts on this change? Does this alter your preparations?
Not at all. In fact it is more beneficial for all the CAT aspirants. We will no longer see any complaints from students regarding their marks being miscalculated or not read by OMR reader. It is more secure through this online format
6. Given the unpredictable nature of CAT, what other googlies are you expecting CAT to throw at you this year?
I believe they should change the number of sections in this CAT though it is highly unlikely. Any other surprise will not surprise me.
7. What are your expectations from your B-school? Which institutes, according to you, fulfil your expectations?
No expectations. All depends on my performance in CAT.
8. What field of specialization are you more likely to pursue? Why?
Finance. Because it is the essential sector of any business. Finance will be required forever and its management will always be of utmost importance.
9. Where do you see yourself after you’ve done your MBA?
I see my self working in my dad's firm and making it one of the biggest in the Steel industry.
10. The IIMs, by far, are the most sought after B-schools. What, according to you, makes them so popular to students and companies akin?
Quality of education.
**If you are a focused MBA aspirant and would like to be featured in the MBA journey section of TestFunda, mail your answers to the the above questions with a photograph (optional) to email@example.com. Interviews featured on this page win TestFunda t-shirts.