The question below contains a number of sentences. Each sentence has pairs of word(s)/phrases that are highlighted. From the highlighted word(s)/phrase(s), select the most appropriate word(s)/phrase(s) to form correct sentences. Then, from the options given, choose the best one.
- The animal (A) brayed / (B) braid all night, keeping all the residents of the small village awake.
- The horse would cantor / (B) canter over the fallen logs easily.
- Don Juan was very callus (A) / callous (B) when it came to the women in his life; he moved from one to another with remarkable ease.
- Serena was intrepid; hardly anything ever seemed to (A) phase / (B) faze her.
- The lion attacked the (A) moll / (B) maul, while the gangster was preyed upon by the hungry bear.