|Question of the Day|
The question below contains a number of sentences. Each sentence has pairs of word(s)/phrases that are highlighted. From the highlighted word(s)/phrase(s), select the most appropriate word(s)/phrase(s) to form correct sentences. Then, from the options given, choose the best one.
1. It is time for a sneak peak (A) / peek (B) into the lives of your favourite celebrities!
2. Why don’t you (A) peer / (B) pier through the gap in the doors and try to eavesdrop on the conversation?
3. The mayflower contained those original Englishmen who immigrated (A) / emigrated (B) from The United Kingdom to settle in America.
4. As the old man spoke of his dead daughter, tears (A) weld / (B) welled up in his eyes.
5. The Sahara desert (A) / dessert (B) was served with chocolate ice-cream to all the visitors to help them beat the heat.