31) What is the value of P? I. P and Q are integers II. PQ = 10, P + Q =5 A)l B)2 C)3 D)4
32) Who got the highest score in the Mathematics examination, among Sumit, Amit and Namit. No two students got the same marks. I. Sumit got more marks than Namit. II. Amit did not get lesser marks than Sumit, who did not get lesser marks than Namit. A)l B)2 C)3 D)4
33) How many hours does it take some boys and girls in a camp to put up the tent? I. There are 4 boys and 7 girls. II. A girl can put up the tent in 5 hours and a boy can put up the tent in 3 hours. A)l B)2 C)3 D)4
34) If p, q, r, s and t are in an Arithmetic Progression, is r the largest among them? I.t>O II. p, q < 0 A)l B)2 C)3 D)4
35) Is X a whole number, if X > O? I. 2X is an even number. II. 3X is an odd number. A)l B)2 C)3 D)4
Question consists of sentences, which have one or two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Below each sentence are four numbered words or sets of’ words, labelled (1) through (4). Choose the word or set of words that, when inserted in the sentence, best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
New concerns about growing religious tension in northern India were ........... this week after at least fifty people were killed and hundreds injured or arrested in rioting between Hindus and Muslims.
Silver is especially and repetitively savage about what he sees as the extravagant claims made for particle physics, arguing that once the proton, neutron, and electron were found and their properties experimentally confirmed, the very expensive searches for ever more exotic particles, such as the Higgs Boson, were increasingly harder to justify other than by their importance to particle physicists. Most of the particles resemble ecstatic happiness: They are very short-lived and have nothing to do with everyday life. His repeated assault goes to the level of sarcasm: “Finding the Higgs Boson will be a magnificent technical and theoretical triumph. Like a great Bobby Fisher game”. Of course, this is a tad unfair, even if some of the claims of its practitioners invite such assaults on their field.
Which of the following, if true, will weaken the argument described in the passage?